After reviewing applications received this year, the 25 members from the 2017 ANDAM jury panel have selected the finalists from this 28th edition.
Created in 1989, the annual ANDAM Fashion Awards offers a financial and logistic support to fashion designers chosen after a long and in-depth selection process. The prize, recognised for highlighting young talents in fashion, has previously been awarded to Wanda Nylon (2016), Stéphane Ashpool from Pigalle (2015), Iris van Herpen (2014), Christine Phung (2013), or AMI Alexandre Mattuissi (2013), just to name a few. This year, a new prize will reward innovation in fashion, under the expert eyes of a first class jury.
Thanks to the support of its seventeen private and institutional partners, the ANDAM Fashion Award will be able to grant this year’s four winners a total of 430K euros ($467K).
The 2017 ANDAM Fashion Award will offer four different prizes:
- The ANDAM Fashion Award (“major award”) of 250K euros ($272K)
- The Creative Label Prize of 100K euros ($108K)
- The Accessories Prize of 50K euros ($54K)
- (New) The Fashion Innovation Prize of 30K euros ($32K)
This year, in addition to its three existing prizes (the ANDAM Fashion Award, the First Collections Prize and the Fashion Accessories Prize), ANDAM launches a new Fashion Innovation Prize, granted with 30.000€ ($31 660) to encourage innovation and technology in Fashion and contribute to the future of fashion.
The Innovation Prize
This new prize is dedicated to designers, entrepreneurs or start-ups, both French and international, willing to develop their project in France. They have to offer innovative and technological solutions in the fields of fashion design, production and distribution to develop an accountable and transparent Fashion, considering the economic, environmental and social issues.
- AALTO, KOCHÉ, MARTINE ROSE, and Y/PROJECT are competing for the ANDAM FASHION AWARD 250K€.
- AVOC, NÏUKU, and MARINE SERRE (whom was also a finalist for the Hyères 2017 Fashion Festival, as well as the LVMH Prize!) are competing for the CREATIVE LABEL PRIZE 100K€.
- ANA KHOURI, LA CONTRIE, and LE GRAMME are competing for the ACCESSORIES PRIZE 50K€.
- EUVEKA, PERCKO, and SMARTPIXELS are competing for the FASHION INNOVATION PRIZE 30K€
Our preference for the Innovation Prize naturally goes to Euveka. We met Audrey, the startup’s founder, a few months ago, during the Luxury Forward event – where she was awarded the startup pitch award. Tackling the model sizing adaptation issue for couture confection, Euveka is a smart mannequin which reproduces the exact size and morphology, with a measuring system and the detection of the bien aller thanks to sensors.
Fellowship winners’ announcement
The 25 members of the judges panel will meet on Friday, June 30th to select the 2017 ANDAM winners, on both creative and business potentials. At that meeting, the 13 finalists will be given the opportunity to present their project to the judges panel. After deliberation, the winners will be chosen by simple majority vote.